WINE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
- Long Island (New York)
- Hartford, New Haven (Connecticut)
Tri-Vin Imports, Inc, importer of fine wine, is looking for motivated, aggressive and professional-minded Wine Sales representatives in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Long Island (New York) and Hartford, New Haven (Connecticut).
Tri-Vin Imports founded in 1987, family-owned business has experienced steady and continuous growth over the years. We pride ourselves in having a diverse, highly rated, yet value driven portfolio.
- Calling on off and on-premise accounts to give successful presentations for decision-making buyers that result in the sales of wine and/or spirits.
- Increasing product placements and opening new accounts.
- Maintaining, develop, maintain and grow sales by working directly with retailers.
- Planning and executing a daily schedule of sales calls via a pre-determined account run.
- Meeting or exceeding pre-determined service expectations while effectively selling the portfolio and fulfilling designated account run management objectives.
- Working with supplier representatives and managers in the field to promote sales in territory
- Participate in trade and in-store tasting events. Set up tastings with account managers and follow up accordingly
- Communicate and work with suppliers in your market.
- Improving the marketability of products through shelf management, display position and price point Management
- Effectively planning on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis in relation to achieving applicable sales goals
- Following through on issues deemed important to management, customers, and suppliers
- Candidate should have three years wholesale experience, or commensurate experience in the hospitality industry, interpersonal skills, and strong work ethic.
- Basic knowledge of wine, new and old world, and desire to expand wine education
- Ability to create opportunity and close a sale
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent personal and written presentation and communication skills
- Computer literate and tech savvy
- Valid Driver’s license
Tri-Vin Imports offers a competitive employment package that includes a commission-based salary, generous monthly bonus program, monthly car/travel expense allowance, 401k, health insurance and other incentives. If you qualify and/or in the restaurant, bar industry with a passion for wine and spirit sales we invite you to apply.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Tri-Vin Imports (Wine/liquor distributor www.tri-vin.com) is looking for a Sales Manager to expand our customer base in Manhattan and Brooklyn (New York). You will continue develop business directly with distributors, partners and chain customers. Bring distributor partner(s) on board to grow the market. Bi-weekly reports and updates to General Sales Manager. You will need to establish clear sales objectives for the week, month, year, etc. Demonstrate knowledge in our area of sales, experience forecasting sales and building a customer base. Sales Manager will be responsible for developing profitable sales initiatives with the company’s customers and sales team that will result in annual sales volume increases that are consistent with the agreed upon sales goals. Ensures the sale of Company products to potential retail customers through the prospecting of new contacts. Directs the sale of Company products and services to existing accounts through the management of field Sales Representatives. Trains new Sales Representatives and ensures understanding of organization policies, practices, products, and services. Directs the execution of sales plans and sales promotions to ensure the achievement of assigned sales goals. Provides regular/special reports detailing the measurement of results compared to assigned sales objectives.
- Ensures the attainment of sales goals for the assigned district through the regular evaluation of vendor/partner relationships, new business opportunities, and voids in present sales/service levels.
- Supervises Sales Representatives to ensure maximum sales/profits from assigned accounts. Coaches, directs, counsels Sales Representatives on overall performance. Defines expectations and monitors progress.
- Conducts team meetings with Sales Representatives. Introduces new products, services, and policies. Advises Sales Representatives of new promotions/programs. Provides summary of current/projected sales activity for assigned district.
- Works with Sales Representatives making customer calls and implementing territory improvement plans. Conducts field training and instructs Sales Representatives in applications of selling aids.
- Conducts monthly sales performance reviews with each Sales Representative. Identifies opportunities for development, training, and performance improvement requirements.
- Provides regular and accurate sales management reports for the assigned district to field sales management. Addresses new business opportunities, current levels of sales/service, and territory improvement plans.
- Participates in the recruitment of new Sales Representatives. Proposes selection and hiring of new Sales Representatives.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships.
- Advanced selling and strategic thinking skills
- Strong supervisory skills in directing and coaching others. Must be able to direct and control the quantity/quality of work performed by subordinates. Requires the ability to manage deadlines and deliver achievement of assigned goals and objectives. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in various technology platforms such smartphone and iPad apps and functionality, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Strong understanding of wine and spirits industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent there of in related experience.
- 5 years field experience in sales in the retail, alcoholic beverages or grocery industry
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license
- Ability to secure and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws.
- Ability to secure and maintain a State
- Sales Permit in accordance with state laws
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org